Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Malik's first rule

     The book I'm reading is called the Wizards First Rule by Terry Goodkind. It is very intresting because so far I've read a couple of pages and there has been so many cool things that Terry Goodkind makes this book have. He uses so many details just to describe one small scene in the book and it is very effective. Sometimes he even goes pages to describe scenes and I like this because, like Terry, I think that details are the most important when you're writng a story. I also try to have one whole page just describing something like a person or the setting.
     AI also like how the main character, Richard Cypher, was developed by Terry. He was very quick thinking and brave when he saw that a women was being stalked and I like this because many people would probably just think that the girl was just playing some game with the swtalkers and just continue to walk, but Richard quickly realized that she wasn't playing with them and helped her. I also like when they said he could leave, he stayed by her side.

4 comments:

  1. i like how you said how people are playing other people and it makes big mistakes goo effort

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malik,

    Parts of your blog seem to be missing. Can you re-post it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to hear some examples of some of the good details you are writing about. unpack them--show and tell us what makes them so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to see some of the detail maybe add it

    ReplyDelete