Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Diary of Assasains

     My independent reading book that I've been reading is called "Brotherhood of the Roses" by David Morrell. This book is very intresting because its about one of the coolest things next to ninjas, assasains. What my favorite part about the writing is the awsome descriptions, characters and of course, the action.
     David describes the scenes perfectly. He really gets into detail when he is desrcribing a person and what makes it cool is he makes the characters describe other characters in the eyes of an assasain. He takes time in describing things like cars, guns, and basically anything that an assasain would see as intresting( everything).
     The characters in the book are really developed. Not only that, but their emossions are shown throughout the book. He shows how they feel by showing and not telling. For example, instead of saying Saul was sad as he pointed the gun at his father's head, he would say Tears swamped Saul's face as his magnum pressed against his father's temple. I think that this is pretty intresting of how David can do this because when I'm writing, I try not to tell, but its hard not to because you have to find examples to show what someone feels and how they act or what they do to show emotion.
     I like how action scenes are described in this book because he makes them very dramatic and long lasting. In my stories, for me, its hard to make fight scenes because I think that they sound very stupid. You have to describe every move one by one and you have to make sure they vary. In some action scenes, I get scared that my favorite characters are going to die because with bullets flying everywhere, its hard not to get hit by one.
     One major reason why I like this book so much is that it inspired me to write my independent writing piece about the diary of an assassin. This book really helped me with my story because it will help me with revising my story because it will help with show not tell, expanding descriptions, character development and much more.

2 comments:

  1. i really liked how you putted some details to show the reader what its about. nice work

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how you point out what the author does good

    ReplyDelete